Here at Hemingway’s Bangkok, Australia has a special place in our heart. As we are owned and operated by Australian’s, the harrowing bush fire images being broadcast around the world have deeply upset us. Bush fires are part of the Australian summer, but this is very very different.
With Australia Day on Sunday 26th January approaching, we have decided to host an Australian Day bush fire fund raiser BBQ. Not only are we aiming to will raise a worthwhile sum, but also showcase and promote Australian produce.
The Australian Salvation Army is providing disaster relief on the front-line and this is the charity we have decided to donate 100% of all funds raised to support our fellow Australians in their time of need.
Commencing at 10am, the event will comprise of:
- Australian music from 10am – 1pm with Triple J hottest 100 top 50 songs)
- 1pm – 8pm, 2 Australian DJ’s playing an all Australian based soundtrack - Think Cold chisel, Inxs, Midnight Oil, John Farnham etc.
- We'll be asking 200 Baht entry which will includes an alcoholic drink or soft drink with 100% of money to be donated.
- Australian style BBQ sausage sizzle – 100% of money donated, thanks to our sponsors from Choice Foods and Conkey's Bakery.
- Aussie meat pies - 100% of money to be donated, sponsored by Hemingway’s.
- Australian wine pop up store for take home sales – 100% of profits donated.thanks to IWS and Vanichwathana Wines
- We'll be selling raffle tickets throughout the day with Raffle prizes kindly donated from our sponsors with 100% of money raised to be donated.
- Collection Box for guest that wish to donate will be available with 100% of the money donated.
We will be promoting regular food menu items that use Australian produce and donating 20% from all regular food and beverage sales from the day.
Big thanks to our amazing sponsors for donating their products for this event:
Choice foods – Australian meat products for the BBQ
Conkey’s Bakery – Hotdog Buns for the BBQ
Italasia – Australian wine and Stolichnaya Vodka
Independent Wines and Spirits – Australian Wines
Vanichwathana Wines – Australian Wines
If you would like to get involved please contact the GM on firstname.lastname@example.org